Monday, February 18, 2013

I think I'm Finished

I turned my capstone project in on Friday, but forgot the most important part.  The Summary.  I thought that it was odd that the project had 19 tabs.  It should have given me a red flag.  I had a wonderful meeting with Dean McVety to hand in the project and discuss the process.  I really enjoyed the project and my time spent at Johnson & Wales University.  I took a couple of days to reflect on my journey through the MAT program and how it related to my capstone project.  I posted the summary for you all to read.  Hot off the press. 

One of the most valuable lessons learned throughout the past five years at Johnson & Wales has been the opportunities available in the foodservice industry.  I entered the Continuing Education program in Culinary Arts with the idea of opening a restaurant and graduated with many opportunities other than just that one track.  I then entered the Teaching program with the idea of teaching at the college level and realized the wonderful opportunities at the high school level.

The doors are wide open. 

Thank you, Johnson & Wales University

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Morgan! Congrats! Still feels like I've got so long to go but I'm not that far behind you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, We're almost done. I still have to present my capstone project to the education department panel. I'm thinking of ending with a Prezi. I've only done one or two but I feel it's a fitting way to end. Asha did a great job on the mock interview. It was good to get the feedback from the panel to see what they are really looking for in a candidate. I wrote down everything because I haven't interviewed in over 16 years.

    ReplyDelete